Systems Biology Solutions
The field of systems biology aims to understand all elements in a biological system and their relationships to one another. The rapid decrease in the cost of next generation sequencing (NGS) has led to an increase in data at the genomic level as well as the need for tools to perform functional analysis. MetaCore now offers the ability to upload sequencing files while integrating filtered results with other omics data types in a pathway context. This training session will cover how to upload an example .vcf file containing variant data from 40 patients, run a cohort analysis, filter the variants, and incorporate those key variants into a pathway context alongside related gene expression data. Specific scientific questions that will be covered include:
• In colorectal cancer patients, what genetic variants are statistically, functionally and biologically associated with colorectal cancer relapse?
• What pathways and biological themes may be influenced by these observed variants?
• How does similar patient mRNA expression studies correlate and overlap with the variants in a pathway context?
This session will put forth multiple hypotheses around the mechanisms of colorectal cancer relapse using a combination of knowledge and data driven approaches available within MetaCore. By the end of this session those attendees will have an understanding of the new functionalities with the genomic analysis tools including filtering variants, new genomics specific workflows and integrating variant data with other omics types.
PERSONALIZED CANCER TREATMENT AND PATIENT STRATIFICATION USING NGS AND OTHER OMICS DATA
During this webinar, informatics specialists and oncologists from the European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO), the University of Maryland, and Thomson Reuters discuss the applications of a novel and comprehensive set of knowledge resources and analytical tools.
RECONSTRUCTION OF DISEASE PATHOLOGY FOR DRUG DISCOVERY: FOCUS ON RESPIRATORY DISEASES (ASTHMA AND COPD)
During this webinar, respiratory disease experts and Thomson Reuters will discuss:
- Different aspects of asthma and COPD biology and challenges in disease research
- Applicability of disease pathway analysis tools in clinical and fundamental disease research
- Main features and content of the ongoing MetaMiner Respiratory Diseases project
- Case studies featuring use of disease reconstruction in drug discovery
- Industry member perspective on disease partnerships in the respiratory area