Newport Premium, Global, and Sourcing solutions are used across the globe by generics, API manufacturers, and innovators alike to target products for development and licensing, source active ingredients, and monitor competition.
Whether you want to get the basics and get started fast — or fine tune your skills, Thomson Reuters can help with a variety of targeted training opportunities. Classes are conducted over the internet — some live with open question-and-answer sessions — and others prerecorded so you can take advantage of them at your convenience, around the clock.
We invite you to explore the following Newport training opportunities.
How many of Newport’s features do you use? Do you know how to set up an alert, save search queries and export tables of data? Do you feel like you’re benefiting from just the “tip of the iceberg” of Newport’s vast capabilities and content?
Join us for this Tips and Tricks with Newport Webinar to gain more from your Newport subscription. We will deep dive into Target Product, Target Companies and Focused search, walking you through lesser known search fields concerning loss of exclusivity, regulatory filings, patent exclusivities and more, including using the “NOT” options to identify undiscovered opportunities.
Here’s a selection of what you’ll learn:
- What drugs have had Paragraph IV Certifications filed against them recently?
- How do I find drugs losing patent protection in countries where the Newport Constraint Date isn’t yet represented, ex. South Africa or Turkey?
- Where can I search on different Orange Book and SPC exclusivity types, ex. NCE or Pediatric Extensions?
- How do I determine which drugs for a therapy area and dose form are most affordable in a particular launch country? For example, the most affordable cancer tablets launched in Germany this year?
- How do I target companies to partner with that have the manufacturing capabilities I need, or hold specific types of patents or regulatory filings? For example, API companies that hold more than 10 US DMFs and dose companies that can manufacture injectables?
Register for one of these sessions today to learn Tips and Tricks that will help you gain the most benefit from Newport’s vital content.
Newport is the generics industry’s most advanced product targeting, global business development and API sourcing system.
In this quick 30 minute training you’ll learn the basics to get you started searching Newport. You’ll begin to evaluate new product development opportunities in over 70 markets worldwide, identify niche opportunities that match your strategic needs and strengths, adjust your research timing, priorities and resources based on competitive intelligence monitoring.
During the sessions we will answer questions such as:
- Which drugs are running out of protection in the next 5 or 10 years?
- Which drugs have been launched as tablet but not a patch? Where?
- Who is manufacturing a specific API? Where? What is the level of production?
The training will last 30 minutes followed by optional Q&A.
Support & Training Materials
Product Page & Factsheets
- Newport Premium Product Page
- Newport Premium (for generics) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Premium (for innovators) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Phase III Drugs Module PDF
- Newport Generic Deals Module PDF
- Newport US Market Share Module PDF
- Newport Biologics Module PDF
Life Sciences Resources
In one place, we've gathered the information that can help you enhance your discovery and development activities, and arm your decision-making. View the Life Sciences Resources to subscribe to our complimentary issues of white papers and quarterly reports.