Newport Premium, Global, and Sourcing solutions are used across the globe by generics, API manufacturers, and innovators alike to target products for development and licensing, source active ingredients, and monitor competition.
Whether you want to get the basics and get started fast — or fine tune your skills, Thomson Reuters can help with a variety of targeted training opportunities. Classes are conducted over the internet — some live with open question-and-answer sessions — and others prerecorded so you can take advantage of them at your convenience, around the clock.
We invite you to explore the following Newport training opportunities.
Newport users agree on one thing: Newport saves significant amounts of time when looking for products to add to generic portfolios or validating an API source. In this 30 minute session you will learn four searches you can do in Newport - each takes under a minute - that will significantly reduce the amount of time you spend evaluating products. That means less missed opportunities, more products to market faster and capitalizing on API sourcing.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How can you find drugs expected to go generic in Italy in 2021?
- Which manufacturers are producing your API?
- How much are your competitor’s drugs selling for in Western Europe?
- Which drugs have recently had ANDAs filed with PIV certifications in the US?
During the session we will demonstrate how to use Newport’s search, filter, sort and export tools to help you find, organize and share new business opportunities quickly and easily. After a 30 minute presentation there will be an optional 15 minute Q&A session.
When looking for new sources of API, you need to evaluate their experience, background and level of production. Newport helps you select the most reliable manufacturer with the most appropriate experience and you can also secure this source a few years in advance, which will give you better prices and deals.
When selecting new products, Target Search in Newport offers 40+ customizable fields allowing you to choose the most suitable products for your company to ensure profit when they are launched.
If you are looking for a business partner with specific manufacturing capabilities, Newport lets you set up your own search strategy to find them as well as providing details including locations, experience and markets they work with.
Join this online session to learn more about:
- API Intelligence – Who is manufacturing your API, where? What is the level of production? What markets do they serve?
- Newport Constraint Date – When are generics expected to enter the market?
- Target Product Search – To identify new products for your portfolio based on Newport Constraint Date, availability and sales data.
- Target Company Search – To find the most suitable business partners according to location, experience and capabilities.
Support & Training Materials
Product Page & Factsheets
- Newport Premium Product Page
- Newport Premium (for generics) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Premium (for innovators) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Phase III Drugs Module PDF
- Newport Generic Deals Module PDF
- Newport US Market Share Module PDF
- Newport Biologics Module PDF
Life Sciences Resources
In one place, we've gathered the information that can help you enhance your discovery and development activities, and arm your decision-making. View the Life Sciences Resources to subscribe to our complimentary issues of white papers and quarterly reports.