Newport Premium, Global, and Sourcing solutions are used across the globe by generics, API manufacturers, and innovators alike to target products for development and licensing, source active ingredients, and monitor competition.
Whether you want to get the basics and get started fast — or fine tune your skills, Thomson Reuters can help with a variety of targeted training opportunities. Classes are conducted over the internet — some live with open question-and-answer sessions — and others prerecorded so you can take advantage of them at your convenience, around the clock.
We invite you to explore the following Newport training opportunities.
You already know that Newport is the most advanced system for Generic and API product targeting and global business development. But did you know you can add IMS Sales and Consumption data to your searches? During this webinar you’ll be walked through real world use case scenarios that outline how to add this data, specifically:
Bob is successful at in-licensing low selling products from big pharma companies, and increasing their sales by ramping up marketing efforts.
- Learn how Bob targets low selling products that fit with his company’s TA and finished dose form capabilities
- Discover how Bob can compare a list of similar products by region and price so he can price his products competitively
Gina’s company has successfully produced cardiovascular and nervous system APIs for the last five years. They are looking to add three new products to begin manufacturing this year.
- Find out how Gina finds API in-line with the company’s current cardiovascular and nervous system portfolio
- Lean how she searches to find API that will be in demand by generic companies and have as little manufacturing competition as possible
To register for this webinar simply click one of the links below:
When looking for new sources of API, you need to evaluate their experience, background and level of production. Newport can tell you who is manufacturing ticagrelor (for example), where, what markets they serve and what the level of production is. You can select the most reliable manufacturer with the most appropriate experience and you can also secure this source a few years in advance, which will give you better prices and deals.
When selecting new products to add to your portfolio, information such as sales figures, patent protection, preferred dose forms and API availability is critical. All of these can be found and customized in Newport allowing you to choose the most suitable products for your company to ensure profit when they are launched.
You may also be looking for a business partner with very specific biological manufacturing capabilities e.g. on cell culture such as centrifugation and chromatography. Newport gives you details including names, locations, experience and markets they work with.
Join our session Newport in 30 mins + Q&A to learn more about:
- API Intelligence – Who is manufacturing your API, where? What is the level of production? What markets do they serve?
- Newport Constraint Date – When are generics expected to enter the market?
- Target Company Search – To find the most suitable business partners according to location, experience and capabilities.
- Target Product Search – To identify new products for your portfolio based on Newport Constraint Date, availability and sales data.
The training will last 30 minutes followed by optional Q&A.
Support & Training Materials
Product Page & Factsheets
- Newport Premium Product Page
- Newport Premium (for generics) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Premium (for innovators) Factsheet PDF
- Newport Phase III Drugs Module PDF
- Newport Generic Deals Module PDF
- Newport US Market Share Module PDF
- Newport Biologics Module PDF
Life Sciences Resources
In one place, we've gathered the information that can help you enhance your discovery and development activities, and arm your decision-making. View the Life Sciences Resources to subscribe to our complimentary issues of white papers and quarterly reports.