Sourcing & Manufacturing
For active ingredient and advanced intermediate manufacturers, CMOs and CDMOs catering to the pharmaceutical fine chemicals and R&D industries, intelligence on innovative compounds entering development, is crucial to developing successful business development and manufacturing strategies. Trustworthy information on their chemical structures, synthesis routes and the match with in-house skills and capabilities is also critical.
For manufacturers interested in supplying current or future generic products, potential launch timing, global patent and exclusivity situations, freedom to operate, and the worldwide competitive landscape are equally important.
Meanwhile, for manufacturers and marketers of finished pharmaceutical products, a key objective is to identify partner companies capable of reliably supplying the required quantities of active ingredients with the right quality and price at just the right time.
Thomson Reuters has the market intelligence and scientific evidence to help your organization make the best decisions, whatever your business model and target market:
- Identify compounds leaving discovery and moving into early-phase clinical development that require scale-up synthesis for clinical trials and market entry
- Understand the expected market potential of a new drug in development
- Examine chemical structures, the different synthesis possibilities and assess intermediate and raw material requirements
- Examine current and future market shares/sales
- Evaluate patent and exclusivity landscape worldwide and assess freedom to operate
- Determine which companies have the required manufacturing capabilities to make a product of interest
- Understand which companies have the right regulatory experience and inspection history to support launches in your target markets
- Approach companies with an critical raw material, catalyst or intermediate that fits within your drug synthesis route
Newport Premium™ (for Generics) is the most advanced system for product targeting and global business development. Created specifically for demanding professionals in generic pharmaceutical companies, OTC and API manufacturers, it can help identify and evaluate new product development and licensing opportunities ahead of the competition for both small molecules and follow-on biologics. Newport Premium™ (for Innovators) is the most advanced generic competitive intelligence system. Both systems are used to find qualified sources of active ingredients.
Test and explore new business strategies, recognize potential barriers to market entry, and streamline the pipeline planning process. With the industry’s most sophisticated product targeting capabilities, Newport can significantly enhance your competitive edge.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Primary intelligence regarding active ingredients and their manufacturers.
- Regulatory filings in US, Europe, Japan, Korea, India, and China.
- Proprietary analytics regarding companies and products.
- Information regarding more than 65,000 launched products with more than 300,000+ brand names containing over 10,000 different active ingredients.
- Information regarding nearly 50,000 companies and corporate groups involved with manufacturing and marketing dose products and both small molecule and biologic active ingredients.
- Global patent coverage and detailed commentaries on US patent challenges.
- Data and market exclusivities in US, Europe, Japan, and Korea.
- Sophisticated product targeting capabilities. Identify potential products to pursue based on API availability, patent and exclusivity expiries, and sales trends.
- Sophisticated partner targeting capabilities. Identify potential partners based on their portfolio and capabilities.
- Validated information regarding active ingredient manufacturers.
- Seamless integration of data from many sources.
- Global coverage.
- Integrated on-line help, comprehensive training, and technical support.
- Access to team carrying out proprietary research.
Thomson Reuters IntegritySMprovides researchers with reliable, detailed information, from the perspective of a scientist, across multiple disciplines to support successful drug research and development.
Integrity empowers chemical development activities with comprehensive structure- searchable access to chemical and pharmacological data.
Updated daily, its expertly refined drug information is integrated in a single, flexible resource that can help to drive innovation and support earlier decision-making.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Drugs & Biologics: Essential chemical and pharmacological information, and the development status of bioactive compounds in the drug pipeline.
- Experimental Pharmacology: Data from experimental studies that delineate drug/receptor and enzyme/target cell interactions.
- Experimental Models: Animal models data used in drug development.
- Pharmacokinetics/Metabolism: Data from experimental and clinical studies that delineate the absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion (ADME) profile of a drug.
- Organic Synthesis: Routes of synthesis (schemes, intermediates, reagents, end products) for drugs currently on the market or in development with direct links to patents.
- Disease Briefings: Dynamic executive summaries on the current status of and future trends in drug therapy.
- Genomics: Genes and diseases information and their relationships into the underlying biological mechanisms.
- Targets & Pathways: Precedented targets data and their role in pathological pathways.
- Clinical Studies: Information on clinical trials of drugs currently under study or in use in humans.
- Make smart, fast decisions that empower your drug R&D and reduce your time to market.
- Rapidly access recent, relevant and refined scientific information
- Make faster and better decisions with advanced knowledge management tools
- Lower risk and prioritize your projects using information integrated from multiple fields of drug R&D
- Stay at the cutting edge of drug research and development with daily updates
- Discover new markets for your chemical intermediates
- Keep up to date with new schemes of synthesis being developed for known drugs
CORTELLIS REGULATORY INTELLIGENCE
Thomson Reuters Cortellis™ Regulatory Intelligence, powered by IDRAC®, is a single, comprehensive source for global regulatory information that allows you to increase regulatory compliance and make faster and informed regulatory decisions.
It will keep you up to speed with the ever-changing global regulatory environment and will provide you with fast access to accurate information, helping you make the right decisions for your organization.
Cortellis Regulatory Intelligence gathers regulatory information in a quick and easy-to-use system, and also covers all of the relevant rules and regulations surrounding generic products and APIs.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Simplified searching – Find answers to complex questions faster with a new search experience
- Intuitive interface – Find, refine and review your answers in our easy-to-use interface
- Flexible access – Anytime, anywhere access through the Cortellis for Regulatory Intelligence Web portal on your computer or iPad
- “How to market generic drugs” expert report for each key market module
- Tools to simplify entry into new markets for innovators and generics / chemical manufacturers
- An intuitive and comprehensive intelligence tool
- Gather the full picture of the regulatory landscape, and reach critical decisions more efficiently
- Reduce the time you spend searching and analyzing information by starting from one central point
- Global Regulatory Comparisons – Compare regulatory requirements in countries and markets of your interest
- Regulatory Intelligence Reports – Plan your multi-country filing in Europe, stay ahead of legislations and guidelines, compare existing and emerging products, identify new indications for your product and prepare for committee meetings/inspections.
- Regulatory Summaries – Continuously updated by our experts, these summaries support your country filings, guide you through individual countries registration processes, and help you decide the most efficient submission routes for your products.
- Reference Documents – Updated daily. A repository of over 100,000 documents giving you a complete history of the regulatory landscape.
- This also includes documents obtained through FOI requests and exclusive English translations.
THOMSON REUTERS INSIGHTS
Follow the Thomson Reuters Life Sciences Connect blog for additional chemical manufacturing and life sciences insights, or read recent articles now: